Saturday, July 07, 2007

What I'm Reading




I chose a book that's been on my TBR pile (er mountain) for years -- The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton. I've read two of her books, Katherine and Green Darkness and those two books are on my top 10 of all-time favorite reads. At nearly 600 pages this book is going to take me some time to finish. The Winthrop Woman is about John Winthrop's spiritied niece, Elizabeth and begins in England in the early 17th C and then goes to New England. I also brought out a new garden book that I am really loving, You Grow Girl. It describes itself as a "hip, humorous how-to for crafty gals everywhere who are discovering a passion for gardening but lack the know-how to turn their dreams of homegrown tomatoes and fresh-cut flowers into a reality." Along with those two books, for some inspiration I chose Gift From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I just received this from paperbackswap.com and is a book I've been wanting to read for years. Now if I can get off the computer for awhile and get back to my reading . . . .

No comments: