Saturday, July 07, 2007

The View from Home


I am catching up on email and my blog out on the patio this afternoon. It's so serene and lovely. As I look up, this is what I see in my back yard, including the pond/water feature adjacent to the patio. The lavender is in full bloom and the bees are busily taking their nourishment from the pollen. We don't even have music playing, instead listening to the soothing sounds generated by the flowing water (that's fairy moss in the pond along with the water lilies). We can hear the ferry sound its horn every once in awhile and there's a rooster nearby that seems to have his mornings and afternoons mixed up. The neighborhood is very quiet, everyone seems to have chosen to take off to the mountains or the beach on this lovely northwest afternoon, whereas we have chosen to just enjoy our little paradise in our own back yard.

No comments: