Sunday, July 01, 2007

Concert Review; Norah Jones



Before Norah Jones won her Grammies for her first CD I had tickets to see her at the Moore Theater in Seattle. Unfortunately our link to the rest of the world, The Hood Canal Floating Bridge, malfunctioned that day and was stuck in the open position and I was unable to get to the concert. I was so upset thinking I had missed my chance to ever see her in a small venue again. And while I admit I like her first two CDs and her CD with the Little Willies better than the current CD, when the show for McCaw Hall, which seats around 3000, was announced, I knew I had my chance to see her in an intimate setting.

She sang a variety of songs from all three CDs, and even joined her opening act for several songs. She had a running gag throughout the show at the name of the venue, McCaw hall -- calling out the name like a bird call, Macaw, macaw" several times to the delight of the crowd. She held the crowd in the palm of her hand throughout the 90-minute plus set.

Our group included my husband and three of my co-workers, Elisa, Candace, and Judy. We dined at Palace Kitchen afterwards (and had some yummy strawberry mojitos). We missed the 12:15 ferry so had to take the 1:35 ferry which got us back Port Townsend after 3:00 AM! A very long evening when you consider we left around 4PM. Well worth it though!

No comments: