Saturday, July 07, 2007

The View from Work


I work in a clinic attached to the hospital in Port Townsend. It's a full of caring doctors and nurses and a portion of my work (working as a patient advocate providing prescription medications for patients at little or no cost) is very rewarding. And after a scare a couple of years ago when I didn't know whether I would have a job or not, I am happy to be employed. That said my office has no windows. However my office is MY office and I work alone which means I can play my music, have my own photos and pictures and take breaks and lunch when I want to. In the winter I usually take lunch at my desk. However in the summer I get to take lunch on our clinic's little private patio -- we have a little table with umbrella and four benches. Sometimes I join my coworkers but if I am reading a REALLY good book, I will wait until everyone else is done with lunch and go sit by myself and read. This is my lovely view out Port Townsend Bay where I can watch the ferry come in from Whidbey Island if I am not enthralled in my book. Those are the Cascade Mountains in the background. If I look to the left I can see Mount Baker.

No comments: