Sunday, August 05, 2007

Our Lighthouse


Sitting here this evening (well actually very early AM) listening to the foghorn emanating its low growl from nearby Point Wilson Lighthouse, reminds me of one of the reasons I love living in a seaside community. I am so fortunate to live in a place where so many people only come to visit for a weekend or sometimes longer, that has been written up in all of the travel magazines and is as picturesque as any community you'll ever want to see. It is one of only two Victorian Seaports on the National Historic Register. We either hear the foghorn from the lighthouse on our many foggy nights and mornings or, as the ferries begin running to Whidbey Island on foggy mornings the foghorns in warning coming through the mist. And every hour on the hour, we have the historic clock tower at the Jefferson County Courthouse, just recently restored. But I love the sound of the foghorn for it reminds me I am near the sea and near the sea is where I want to stay.

No comments: