Saturday, September 29, 2007

We're All Here Because We're Not All There
















Port Townsend residents, like those in many small, liberal towns, like to advertise their feelings on their bumpers, fenders, trunks, and elsewhere on the vehicles they drive. John and I are no exception. The mainstay of the Port Townsend local is the popular, "We're All Here Because We're Not All There" bumpersticker. It's the first bumpersticker I bought when I got my new car. I was able to move my "You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one" bumpersticker from my other car because I had it taped in the back window. My other stickers include "Obama 2008", "Another Mother for Peace", "PT" (signifying a Port Townsend resident, I noted in Friday Harbor they have SJI), and the simple "Peace" sticker I picked up at Duck Soup Inn on our trip to the San Juans earlier his month. On my old car I had a sticker that said, "He's not MY president" I got a lot of comments on that one (all positive) ranging from simple thumbs up, to several people saying, "He's not my president either." It's all a way of expressing my freedom of speech -- on the highway, in a parking lot, or in my driveway.

1 comment:

Seidel said...

I saw the "We're all here, because we're not all there." bumper sticker on a car in Ashland, Oregon, today. I enjoy posting bumper stickers that I like, and wanted to post this one. I couldn't see the bottom line, however, and I wanted to include it (yes, I'm compulsive in that manner). I searched on it and found your blog post. Cheers