Friday, September 07, 2007

Labor Day




It was wonderful to spend the day with my son at his waterfront home. Despite the weather he barbequed -- hand-ground sirloin - and these were gourmet burgers like no other. He had leftovers from the restaurant (he is sous chef at The Four Swallows on Bainbridge Island) consisting of chanterelle mushrooms. I am in LOVE!!! Such gastronomical ecstasy! It was almost a shame to put it on top of a beef and between a bun. Eating them a lone as sauteed to enjoy their full flavor was just a delight. Even more of a delight this day was spending time with my most favorite person in the world, my four-year-old granddaughter Kyra. She is truly grandma's girl and we had such a wonderful time together. I got to bring some of the extra chanterelles home for later; I wish I could have packaged little Kyra and brought her home for a few days as well, we just don't see her enough. But where we are now, seeing her every 4-6 weeks is so much better than it was two years ago when we couldn't see her at all, that I am, if not completely satisfied, grateful.

No comments: