Monday, October 01, 2007

September Reads

I had a good reading month -- most of it spent with Ruth Reichl and her foodie memoirs that I read one right after another and enjoyed immensely. If anyone hasn't read these, I would say although it isn't absolutely necessary to have read the first two before enjoying the third, it would really enhance your reading experience if you have a bit more background of Ruth's life. I followed these up with I Feel Back About My Neck by Nora Ephron and despite our vastly different backgrounds I found myself nodding in agreement throughout the book. I ended up with the first fiction in a couple of months, one of Meg Cabot's books for adults, Queen of Babble. I enjoyed the French setting and the fairy-tale feel to this book. It was a fun read.

Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl - 4.5/5
Comfort Me with Apples by Ruth Reichl 4.5/5
Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl 5/5
I Feel Bad About by Neck by Nora Ephron 4.5/5
Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot 4/5

No comments: