Friday, February 03, 2006

MOVIE #1 - 2006 - THE NOTEBOOK


















MOVIE: THE NOTEBOOK (2004)
CAST: James Garner, Gena Rowlands, Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling
RATING: A
DVD EXTRAS: B+
WHERE SEEN: HOME
SEEN WITH: John
REASON FOR VIEWING: Read the book and loved it - HUGE fan of Garner and also a fan of Rowlands
COMMENTS: Wonderful, wonderful movie. Followed the book quite closely. I wondered for awhile whether I'd be getting as emotional while viewing the movie as I did while reading the book since I already knew the story and found that I had tears streaming down my face for the last half an hour or so and couldn't talk for about 15 minutes afterwards. The DVD extras were also nice with a piece on the director, Nick Cassavetes (son of John C and Gena Rowlands), a piece on the book's author Nicholas Sparks, and a piece on the selection of locations for the movie.

No comments: