Saturday, September 13, 2008

Books on the Nightstand









In response to a blog a http://www.booksonthenighstand.com/ I am posting the pictures of what is on my night stand and immediately adjacent to it. Now the pictures on the bottom where those on my night stand and adjacent to it last week before I weeded out some books and moved them into the spare bedroom where they completely filled the right side of a double bookcase! I knew, of course I had a lot of books on the nightstand as I couldn't fit anything else on there, barely the lamp and the radio. In fact, the drawer was pulled out and there were books on it too and I was terrified that they were going to break the drawer in half before too long. Thank goodness for a strong all-wood nightstand! But I never believed I had as many in there as I did. You will also note my beloved Kindle on the night stand. That was supposed to completely replace my book-buying obsession. Ha! And I am not even going to count the number of books in the Kindle, let's just say between samples and actual books, it has now gone to 12 pages. I admit it. I am a bookaholic. (You note I am not taking a picture of the actual library, or all the books stores in boxes).

4 comments:

Ann Kingman said...

Love the photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Books on the Nightstand.

Janet Reid said...

Kindle!!!!
Me too!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That's a whole lotta books LOL

Liana Brooks said...

I'm in love with your bookshelf! I've got several that look just as stuffed.

:o)